EyeSpyFX Snapshot
Link to moving webcam (if on)

Monday, September 15, 2008

Tomato Relish

I searched the internet for a tomato relish recipe. I found a few, but none quite what I wanted, so I took a bit from here and a bit from there and made my own.
As I had only written it on the back of an envelope, I thought I should write it here so I could find it again later. I am not sure how well it will last in the cupboard - longevity tests are currently in progress.

This quantity makes one jar - yes one.

1/2 kilo of tomatoes
1/2 large onion
1/2 cup of sugar
1/4 cup of malt vinegar
caynenne pepper ( a shake)
paparika ( a few shakes)
a gerkin

Peel and chop tomatoes - keeping seeds and juice.
Chop onion finely.
Lightly cook onion in olive oil, add tomato and sugar, pepper and paprika
simmer for an hour
add vinegar
Simmer till you get the consistancy of jam
Add chopped gerkin, cook futher 10 min.
Seal in sterilized jars.

Can be eaten next day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home