EyeSpyFX Snapshot
Link to moving webcam (if on)

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

The dog ate all the buns

Recently Emily and I have been reading a book about going on a picnic. In the story the family goes for a picnic on a windy winter day, feedsthe ducks, have a picnic and then the ducks steal all the buns.

Saturday was very mild and sunny, so I thought that we should go on a picnic on Sunday. It turns out that Sunday was more overcast and windy, but I had already told the toddler what I was planning, so there was no escape. We caught the bus and fed the ducks (swans) as planned. We even had a fairly successful picnic, if you don't count the toddler footprints in things. While I was feeding the baby, a young black labrador visited us and ate all the buns.

Now Emily tells me about the dog, everytime we read the story.


















2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This story made me giggle a lot - I love that dry wit of yours Alix. I sent it to all my friends and they reckon there's probably a book in there somewhere!

5:37 AM  
Blogger gmanclarence said...

"I can juggle one ball and it does not fall...". I had that book for my son when he was a baby. He memorized the whole thing right after he began to talk. He would say the words and turn the pages, and we had the whole neighborhood convinced that he could read. We had a lot of fun with that book. Now, my son has a little baby girl of his own. I would like to get the book for her, but we can't remember the name of it. I thought it was a Dr. Seuss book, so I went to the Dr. Seuss website and put in the quote, which led me to your blog. If you can, will you help me identify the book title, so that I may have a better chance seeking it out? If so, you'll make me a happy man. Thanks, gmanclarence@yahoo.com

1:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home