EyeSpyFX Snapshot
Link to moving webcam (if on)

Tuesday, May 23, 2006

The internet is full

Hotmail is gone. I get redirected to the msn "this url does not exist - want to search for another" page. Bizzare. I don't check my hotmail that often, but today I need to get the password that trenitalia sent me. Aparently you need a password to book a train ticket.

We are going to catch the eurostar - no the other one in Italy. It will take us in comfortable european fashion from Roma to Napoli. We will hang out with the Neapolitans and eat pizza. Some beaches and archeological sites may be experienced while eating pizza.

Trenitalia has a fairly nice site. It was quite easy to use even though the English page was a minefield of italian listings and buttons. I made it through the reservation mostly by guessing what the italian words meant. The technology was nice though, it asked me if I would like to be sent an SMS. I typed in my number and pressed the SMS button and I thought it rejected my british number. But to my surprise, I get the SMS a few minutes later. Excellent. There were a few upside down questionmarks, but now I know I will be in carrozza 1 going Roma Termini a Napoli centrale.

2 Comments:

Blogger Dave said...

That all sounds jolly delightful.

By the way, we might be over there (Italy, France, UK) in August.

11:03 PM  
Blogger alixkid said...

Cooool.
Sounds like you are planning an adventure.

5:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home