EyeSpyFX Snapshot
Link to moving webcam (if on)

Saturday, November 26, 2005

How the week was won

It's Friday again and even better it's pay day. An important thing when living in a city where a sandwich costs the average weekly wage of a chinese labourer. Though they do make them very tasty. I think the british have mastered the art of the sandwich. You can get long life sandwiches from the fridge in the news agents, gourmet sandwiches from various chain coffee and sandwich stores, and custom deli creations (usually with too much mayonaise) from the corner sandwich bar.
Pret and starbucks have just brought out their new christmas selection. The Gingerbread latte is pretty nice, and the christmas sandwich with turkey stuffing and cranberry is a good way to store up some christmas cheer.

It was a good night out on Tuesday with my friend Ann and her partner. (followed by a good bacon and egg sandwich for breakfast as my celebrated hang over cure). We were at Garlic and shots, which wasn't as good as I remember. But still had much garlicy goodness in both the shots and the dinner.

As I didn't manage to excercise the camera this week, so I thought I might just try to slip in a few of the holiday photos and hope no one notices.


Alix and Dave - somewhere famous

Shibu Shibu with Naoko and Co - Robu San was taking the photo

2 Comments:

Blogger winstoninabox said...

Nice pictures. Your Japanese is close, but of course the slightest slip becomes amusing (As I can easily attest to with my mangling of the language).

We were eating "Shabu shabu". "Shibu shibu" means "unwillingly". I can't speak for the others, but I was happy to attend of my on free will 8)

1:04 PM  
Blogger winstoninabox said...

An in so posting I make my on mistake...

Duoh! I did it again!

1:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home