EyeSpyFX Snapshot
Link to moving webcam (if on)

Thursday, March 16, 2006

Snow and Schnitzel

There was much snow and schnitzel to be had in Austria last weekend. I had a great time apres skiing and falling down the mountain. (and here is a picture of the mountain)


I have learnt that there a places in the world where , people expect you to know how to ski. This is a bit of a challenge for me, because I never properly learned.
For the sake of marital bliss, we decided that Dave shouldn't teach me, and I signed up for a full day's snow boarding lessons.
The ski instructor was handsome and cheery. But that did not stop me cursing him as he thinks I should get up and "try that turn again". I can fall spectacularly well. Fortunately the bar starts picking up just as the lessons come out for the day. So all is well.


There were many things to do apart from skiing and our host Mandy was having a birthday. She invited everyone she knew for ski bobbing. This is where I came to understand the ski culture. The mountain is covered in resturants and bars. We ski bobbed, drank some beer, ski bobbed some more, drank some more beer, ski bobbed, stopped for dinner, lady killers and the crocodile game, and ski bobbed home in the dark. A ski bob is like a bicycle, with skis instead of wheels and no breaks.



The crocodile game involves pushing down one of the crocodile's teeth and passing it on. If it bites you, you must drink lady killer and put the sticker on your face.


The next day I won a free Tandem paraglide while drinking in the pub. So off we go up the mountain, and then jump off and fly around for a bit. For those of you who get a chance to paraglide, I would recommend it IT's cool.



Much beer and schnitzel was had by all.

1 Comments:

Blogger winstoninabox said...

deja vu?

11:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home