EyeSpyFX Snapshot
Link to moving webcam (if on)

Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Maybe that wasn't such a good idea

So I told my boss where to go today, using more works than that and all of them polite if taken out of context. I would like to blame it many things, being hungry, tired, dehydrated and pre-menstral. But in the end it was me doing it so no excuses count.

The second backup system failed while the guy who usually looks after it was on holiday. I didn't watch it, because I usually have nothing to do with it. The team member doing support that week was moving to a different job, so he didn't watch it, and neither did the third member of the team, because they were cleaning up their own system before their holiday. And why would we, it usually looks after itself just fine.

When the guy came back from holiday, he found it was broken. Since it was the second backup, he told the manager about it. So the manager sends us a grumpy email (he is out of the country at the moment) because, his manager stepped on him.

So he sends us this email (full of polite words) saying "you're a pack of incompetant bastards". So I get grumpy and send an email saying "Since when did you take an interest". Then he sends one back saying "Do I have to babysit the lot of you." But by then I had had lunch, so I just laughed at it.

So now
I am thinking about dusting off the CV (which I was thnking about anyway).
I am thinking I may not get that promotion after all (But they had taken too long to decide, so it probably wasn't happening anyway).
And I am wondering how I can find out if we are getting a bonus this year or not, to see if it is worth hanging on for a few months.

2 Comments:

Blogger Dave said...

So, my reading is: manager's fault for not ensuring a proper handover while the responsible guy was on holiday.

You may or may not care to point out to him that allocation of resources to tasks is what a manager is actually *for*.

1:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hear, hear!

5:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home