EyeSpyFX Snapshot
Link to moving webcam (if on)

Friday, March 30, 2007

Going on a house hunt

As my wonderful husband disappears to the other side of the world for a few weeks, I am left to lead the life of a single woman again. Fortunately my fridge is full of food and there a lots of dishes to use before I run out of clean ones. (That goes for underwear too)

No sooner is he out the door, that I give up my lazy affection seeking lifestyle, after all there is no affection to be got for a while. I instead start my renewed emphasis on projects. And as I have done little preparation for the baby and will be homeless at the end of April, I though I might start the house hunt.

I had the afternoon off after a all night release, so I start with vigour (and possibly a little light headed) and call a couple of agents. I get shown, well some very small dark and expensive apartments. But they are newly renovated. I try not to tell the agent that these two bedroom apartments are half the size of my current one bedroom flat. With what is left of the day I head out to Zone 3 and get shown a place that is almost perfect. A whole house with garden, fish pond 3br and although lots of stairs and a fairly silly kitchen, I really like it. It even has a friendly cat. So then and there (because that is how things are done) I put in and offer. There are a few other offers, but well I am the sensible family option, so I have a running chance.

I then spend the evening worrying if I made the right decision. Of course now they haven't called me back. So now I am worrying that I have to look again, and may be forced to live in one of those dark dungeon apartments I saw first.....

My new plan is to go to bed, get up early and put in a really good all day Saturday push to find a place.

3 Comments:

Blogger Dave said...

Oooh, house hunting is exciting! Hope the fish pond house - which I hereby dub Goldfish Estate, based on absolutely nothing but feverish imaginings - works out! Keep us updated.

11:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so impressed with your energy! Fingers crossed. Great photos on the blogs - keep them coming. Lots of love XXX

8:59 AM  
Blogger Jenny said...

Well done on the gold fish estate offer. Everyone I know seems to be house hunting at present.

11:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home