EyeSpyFX Snapshot
Link to moving webcam (if on)

Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Luggage

I travel in two days and I do not yet have the necessary luggage. My backpack is not appropriate, I need one of those modern pull along numbers.

So starts the luggage problem. I spent an hour in John Lewis looking at luggage. They have quite a bit in different shapes and sizes. the new boat luggage, which is some kind of large gym bag with hard bottom and sides and a pullalong handle. The 4 wheel japanese style, the two wheel pull-along, two wheel suit bag, hard cover, soft cover, fancy patterns and designer look. etc etc etc.

John Lewis is remarkably free of sales people. So I spend my hour opening, testing pockets and pulling them around the shop to get the feel of it. Initially I felt there was nothing I liked, then I found one thing, then two then hey that one's better. Until I get to the new model Samsonite with the 4 wheels and orange trim. It is nice..... Then I leave the store.

How much should you invest in luggage? I've travelled with a backpack and a bag without wheels that I just dragged about. Do I need to spend £175 on the new Samonsite, or £70 on the perfectly fine John Lewis two wheeler. In contrast you can pick up a two wheeler from a street seller for £15.

1 Comments:

Blogger emmajeans said...

Go the good one. Sometimes 'perfectly fine' is not good enough. Think of it as an investment.
(By this post, you can tell *I'm* not forking over the cash for this purchase, can't you!)

10:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home