EyeSpyFX Snapshot
Link to moving webcam (if on)

Monday, July 31, 2006

pass the pasta

Even though pasta is one of the cheapest and most convenient foods to buy and prepare, I have decided to go through the process of making my own. This is partly due to my obsession to use the dough tool that came with the food processor. We bought the food processor 2 weeks ago because my husband's wanted a blender for fruit smoothies. I insisted it had to be fully featured and do the task of 20 different machines.

Last week I used the regular chopping blade and made my own hummous and I made bread. Bread doesn't use the dough tool, for some reason. My bread was pretty heavy, so I think I need more bread research.

Today I made lasagne, by grating and slicing things with the grater and slicer disk. I used the dough tool to make pasta. I also went out and bought the pasta machine, which seems to be very low tech with a turning handle, but does make lasagne sheets really thin. It is also shiny.

It takes nearly 2 hours to make a batch of pasta, though much of that is waiting and shaping.

2 Comments:

Blogger winstoninabox said...

That's some effort! 2 hours to wait for pasta. I bet having made it all yourself it tasted really good.

11:52 PM  
Blogger alixkid said...

It was pretty yummy.

10:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home