EyeSpyFX Snapshot
Link to moving webcam (if on)

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

The oysters in my world

I rode my bicycle into work today. Today was warm, the sweat dripped off me on the ride in. Traffic in the centre was as normal a little chaotic for a bicycle. Road works, white vans double parked and the ever present bendy buses.
I spent the day in meetings and have much work to do.
Yesterday, as my system was still corrupted to all hell, I complained to one of my many managers and asked, "Can we quit this flaky server and go use that spare one with the failed project on it?" He said "No use get that flaky one fixed." So a crazy plan was formed involving reformating the disk and hoping the problem went away. Don't you love computers, it's just like rebooting, but takes longer.
I didn't get to do that today because of the meetings. But by this evening the other manager said, "What are you using that flaky kit for? It looks like a waste of time, go use that server with the failed project on it."
Good thing I didn't do any work on it today.
It was late when I left so I decided to take the train home. On arriving at the station I notice I don't have a pass. It's in my other jeans. So I waited in the queue for the ticket man. and waited and waited. It seems that most people only queue to see a person if they have something really complicated to do. Eventually I get to the man and buy my fourth oyster card. I still have my first one in my other jeans, I gave my second to Natalie when she visited, my third one is "somewhere in the house" I think I will keep my fourth in my backpack. I figure if there is one in every bag that I use, then I will have one when I need one.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Only one thing for it then - go to the Porterhouse and have some of their Oyster Stout.

3:59 AM  
Blogger alixkid said...

mmmmm beer

7:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home